Forums Adult Industry Boards General Business Topics
  • Topic: in the days before the tubes

    Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 3, 2017 10:30 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        850
      • Thank(s)
        87
      • Thanked
        46
      • cR(s)
        16 0

      in the days before the tubes

      Remember the days before the tubes?

       

      What was the number 1 thing that we bitched about in the adult industry?

      ____________________________________

      Our Experience Payze
      chris at payze.com | Skype chriswrp

    • January 3, 2017 10:36 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        107
      • Thank(s)
        0
      • Thanked
        10
      • cR(s)
        2 0

      Untitled title

      Free porn? LOL

       

      It was cross sales, everyone bitched about them, especially hidden cross sales.

    • January 3, 2017 12:49 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        105
      • Thank(s)
        15
      • Thanked
        29
      • cR(s)
        10 0

      Untitled title

      TGPs with more than 15 pictures. Remember when TGP2 was the new perfect solution? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

      Personally I recall when people complained my 2 minute RealPlayer videos were too large for my members to download over their dialup connections. Then my host complained that they were using up too much bandwidth and I needed to keep my file sizes down.

    • January 3, 2017 1:26 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,583
      • Thank(s)
        270
      • Thanked
        45
      • cR(s)
        13 -8

      Untitled title

      I agree with elli....we bitched about tgp's.

    • January 3, 2017 1:35 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        14
      • Thank(s)
        5
      • Thanked
        5
      • cR(s)
        0 0

      Untitled title

      Fan of nostalgia here ... but not a fan of sponsors that didn't pay! lol

    • January 3, 2017 3:00 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        2,711
      • Thank(s)
        273
      • Thanked
        166
      • cR(s)
        46 0

      Untitled title

      Everyone bitched about affiliate program shaving!

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 3, 2017 5:06 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        130
      • Thank(s)
        4
      • Thanked
        21
      • cR(s)
        9 0

      Untitled title

      Zango!

      (sorry, Elli! :P )

      ____________________________________

      www.AmazingContent.com - Custom and licensed content since 2003

    • January 3, 2017 5:34 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        105
      • Thank(s)
        15
      • Thanked
        29
      • cR(s)
        10 0

      Untitled title

      StefanG said:

      Zango!

      (sorry, Elli! :P )

      Hey, that was not exactly my decision. I was a lowly customer service rep type at that point. But boy, that was quite a doozy!

    • January 3, 2017 8:35 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        850
      • Thank(s)
        87
      • Thanked
        46
      • cR(s)
        16 0

      Untitled title

      YNOTJay said:

      Everyone bitched about affiliate program shaving!

      Thank you!  Back in around 97 to oh, around 2001.  The number one thing was the shave.  Who was shaving?  It was a daily bitch on the old boards like Netpond and AdultNetSurprise (remember that one?)

       

      Elli, I also remember the collective attempt at TGP2.  It was wishful thinking to curb the growing amount of free porn because hey, we were all so worried about free pictures getting out there!  lol

      ____________________________________

      Our Experience Payze
      chris at payze.com | Skype chriswrp

    • January 3, 2017 9:48 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        2,711
      • Thank(s)
        273
      • Thanked
        166
      • cR(s)
        46 0

      Untitled title

      Yeah... and then it got to the point where it was like "OK, everyone is going to shave... which program will I still make the most money at?"

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 3, 2017 9:48 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        2,711
      • Thank(s)
        273
      • Thanked
        166
      • cR(s)
        46 0

      Untitled title

      Elli_FFN said:
      StefanG said:

      Zango!

      (sorry, Elli! :P )

      Hey, that was not exactly my decision. I was a lowly customer service rep type at that point. But boy, that was quite a doozy!

       

      I felt sooo bad for you and the BS you had to put up with.

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 3, 2017 10:09 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,583
      • Thank(s)
        270
      • Thanked
        45
      • cR(s)
        13 -8

      Untitled title

      EvilChris said:
      YNOTJay said:

      Everyone bitched about affiliate program shaving!

      Thank you!  Back in around 97 to oh, around 2001.  The number one thing was the shave.  Who was shaving?  It was a daily bitch on the old boards like Netpond and AdultNetSurprise (remember that one?)

       

      Elli, I also remember the collective attempt at TGP2.  It was wishful thinking to curb the growing amount of free porn because hey, we were all so worried about free pictures getting out there!  lol

      What is ironic, is the Netpond guys were the big dog thieves and they stole millions from the suckers. That board was the biggest mess I have ever seen. It had no redeeming value.  

      This post was edited by hardball at January 3, 2017 10:10 PM PST
    • January 3, 2017 10:15 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        2,405
      • Thank(s)
        0
      • Thanked
        121
      • cR(s)
        39 0

      Untitled title

      Elli is here too!

       

      I think Eilli is right. The only thing we complained about then was the TGPs and how they were giving away too much content. LOL. And here we are now with the tubes dominating us.... Such a shame. 

       

      I remember the day.... In 2000 or so I spent a few days putting together a pay site with purchased content... We put it up, made an announcement on GFY, went swimming in the pool and a few hours later.... We had fifty sign ups. The good days were good. It was so easy to make money. 

       

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Richard Buss | ICQ: 680123 | Skype: rochardbuss

    • January 3, 2017 10:23 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        2,711
      • Thank(s)
        273
      • Thanked
        166
      • cR(s)
        46 0

      Untitled title

      hardball said:
      EvilChris said:
      YNOTJay said:

      Everyone bitched about affiliate program shaving!

      Thank you!  Back in around 97 to oh, around 2001.  The number one thing was the shave.  Who was shaving?  It was a daily bitch on the old boards like Netpond and AdultNetSurprise (remember that one?)

       

      Elli, I also remember the collective attempt at TGP2.  It was wishful thinking to curb the growing amount of free porn because hey, we were all so worried about free pictures getting out there!  lol

      What is ironic, is the Netpond guys were the big dog thieves and they stole millions from the suckers. That board was the biggest mess I have ever seen. It had no redeeming value.  

      Funny story... years ago right before they imploded, they made an offer to us to buy them out. A completely fucking ridiculous offer, but an offer nonetheless. We countered with a very reasonable one but they didn't accept it. And then shortly after that Netpondcash crashed and burned and then Meat and Aga had a falling out. And then the value of their property dropped to nearly nothing in a very short amount of time. Who could have predicted it. Thank fuck they didn't accept our counter offer.

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 3, 2017 10:37 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,583
      • Thank(s)
        270
      • Thanked
        45
      • cR(s)
        13 -8

      Untitled title

      YNOTJay said:
      hardball said:
      EvilChris said:
      YNOTJay said:

      Everyone bitched about affiliate program shaving!

      Thank you!  Back in around 97 to oh, around 2001.  The number one thing was the shave.  Who was shaving?  It was a daily bitch on the old boards like Netpond and AdultNetSurprise (remember that one?)

       

      Elli, I also remember the collective attempt at TGP2.  It was wishful thinking to curb the growing amount of free porn because hey, we were all so worried about free pictures getting out there!  lol

      What is ironic, is the Netpond guys were the big dog thieves and they stole millions from the suckers. That board was the biggest mess I have ever seen. It had no redeeming value.  

      Funny story... years ago right before they imploded, they made an offer to us to buy them out. A completely fucking ridiculous offer, but an offer nonetheless. We countered with a very reasonable one but they didn't accept it. And then shortly after that Netpondcash crashed and burned and then Meat and Aga had a falling out. And then the value of their property dropped to nearly nothing in a very short amount of time. Who could have predicted it. Thank fuck they didn't accept our counter offer.

      I think I could have predicted it.  They were a mess for at least a year.  Meat worked that board and sold the snake oil.  I am not clear on all the machinations, but meat seemed brain dead to me and was being suckered himself.  The real bastards were Aga and Jon and whoever was behind the curtain.  Even when he took the money and ran, Meat was still there saying stay calm and carry on.  A pack of thieves...

      This post was edited by hardball at January 3, 2017 10:38 PM PST
    • January 4, 2017 1:41 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        14
      • Thank(s)
        5
      • Thanked
        5
      • cR(s)
        0 0

      Untitled title

      Looks like I came to the right place for nostalgia :)

       

      I was one of the founders of Netpond when it was originally called CONDOM project. My former handle was TTBOY (after the legendary porn star of the era).

       

      Things started off with good intentions and it worked well as a noobie friendly networking and information resource. IMO things changed when Meat brought Nick Ilynx on board who was more business minded about things. I did not like the new vibe or direction things were going so I ended up leaving right as it became Netpond. From the sound of things it looks like it was the right move ...

       

      EvilChris I remember AdultNetSurprise ... if memory serves me correctly that was FantasyMan's resource and Kaiser used to write for them?

       

      Jay your buyout story is particularly painful to me because I had the exact same thing happen with AC, doh!

       

      This post was edited by Excalibur_Junior_Jay at January 4, 2017 8:53 AM PST
    • January 4, 2017 7:06 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,583
      • Thank(s)
        270
      • Thanked
        45
      • cR(s)
        13 -8

      Untitled title

      Excalibur_Junior_Jay said:

      Looks like I came to the right place for nostalgia :)

       

      I was one of the founders of Netpond when it was originally called CONDOM project. My former handle was TTBOY (after the legendary porn star of the era).

       

      Things started off with good intentions and it worked well as a noobie friendly networking and information resource. IMO things changed when Meat brought Nick Ilynx on board who was more business minded about things. I did not like the new vibe or direction things were going so I ended up leaving right as it became Netpond. From the sound of things it looks like it was the right move ...

       

      EvilChris I remember AdultNetSurprise ... if memory serves me correctly that was FantasyMan's resource and Kaiser used to write for them?

       

      Jay your buyout story is particularly painful to me because I had the exact same thing happen with AC, doh!

       

      So, where are all those netpond guys today.  Anyone know?

    • January 4, 2017 8:38 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        850
      • Thank(s)
        87
      • Thanked
        46
      • cR(s)
        16 0

      Untitled title

      EJJ: Yes, ANS was FM's board.  There were a lot of good people on it.  I also remember The Condom Project with Alex and GreenGuy too.

      ____________________________________

      Our Experience Payze
      chris at payze.com | Skype chriswrp

    • January 4, 2017 8:53 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        2,711
      • Thank(s)
        273
      • Thanked
        166
      • cR(s)
        46 0

      Untitled title

      hardball said:
      YNOTJay said:
      hardball said:
      EvilChris said:
      YNOTJay said:

      Everyone bitched about affiliate program shaving!

      Thank you!  Back in around 97 to oh, around 2001.  The number one thing was the shave.  Who was shaving?  It was a daily bitch on the old boards like Netpond and AdultNetSurprise (remember that one?)

       

      Elli, I also remember the collective attempt at TGP2.  It was wishful thinking to curb the growing amount of free porn because hey, we were all so worried about free pictures getting out there!  lol

      What is ironic, is the Netpond guys were the big dog thieves and they stole millions from the suckers. That board was the biggest mess I have ever seen. It had no redeeming value.  

      Funny story... years ago right before they imploded, they made an offer to us to buy them out. A completely fucking ridiculous offer, but an offer nonetheless. We countered with a very reasonable one but they didn't accept it. And then shortly after that Netpondcash crashed and burned and then Meat and Aga had a falling out. And then the value of their property dropped to nearly nothing in a very short amount of time. Who could have predicted it. Thank fuck they didn't accept our counter offer.

      I think I could have predicted it.  They were a mess for at least a year.  Meat worked that board and sold the snake oil.  I am not clear on all the machinations, but meat seemed brain dead to me and was being suckered himself.  The real bastards were Aga and Jon and whoever was behind the curtain.  Even when he took the money and ran, Meat was still there saying stay calm and carry on.  A pack of thieves...

      From what I recall... that seems pretty damn accurate.

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 4, 2017 8:55 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        2,711
      • Thank(s)
        273
      • Thanked
        166
      • cR(s)
        46 0

      Untitled title

      Excalibur_Junior_Jay said:

      Looks like I came to the right place for nostalgia :)

       

      I was one of the founders of Netpond when it was originally called CONDOM project. My former handle was TTBOY (after the legendary porn star of the era).

       

      Things started off with good intentions and it worked well as a noobie friendly networking and information resource. IMO things changed when Meat brought Nick Ilynx on board who was more business minded about things. I did not like the new vibe or direction things were going so I ended up leaving right as it became Netpond. From the sound of things it looks like it was the right move ...

       

      EvilChris I remember AdultNetSurprise ... if memory serves me correctly that was FantasyMan's resource and Kaiser used to write for them?

       

      Jay your buyout story is particularly painful to me because I had the exact same thing happen with AC, doh!

       

      No shit?? Wow... so you left Netpond in like 2000 / 01?

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 4, 2017 8:57 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        2,711
      • Thank(s)
        273
      • Thanked
        166
      • cR(s)
        46 0

      Untitled title

      hardball said:
      Excalibur_Junior_Jay said:

      Looks like I came to the right place for nostalgia :)

       

      I was one of the founders of Netpond when it was originally called CONDOM project. My former handle was TTBOY (after the legendary porn star of the era).

       

      Things started off with good intentions and it worked well as a noobie friendly networking and information resource. IMO things changed when Meat brought Nick Ilynx on board who was more business minded about things. I did not like the new vibe or direction things were going so I ended up leaving right as it became Netpond. From the sound of things it looks like it was the right move ...

       

      EvilChris I remember AdultNetSurprise ... if memory serves me correctly that was FantasyMan's resource and Kaiser used to write for them?

       

      Jay your buyout story is particularly painful to me because I had the exact same thing happen with AC, doh!

       

      So, where are all those netpond guys today.  Anyone know?

      All I really recall is that Meat moved back to NZ and got out of the biz and Aga lived in Gibraltor and had a fulfillment business but that was years ago.

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 4, 2017 9:56 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        2,405
      • Thank(s)
        0
      • Thanked
        121
      • cR(s)
        39 0

      Untitled title

      EvilChris said:

      EJJ: Yes, ANS was FM's board.  There were a lot of good people on it.  I also remember The Condom Project with Alex and GreenGuy too.

      LOL. Greenguy. Haven't heard that name in ages. 

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Richard Buss | ICQ: 680123 | Skype: rochardbuss

    • January 4, 2017 10:06 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        387
      • Thank(s)
        10
      • Thanked
        20
      • cR(s)
        5 0

      Untitled title

      I remember learning all about the porn biz from the CozyFrog forum. Anyone here remember it? I met Hammer in person once, no idea what happened to him. I learned real quick that TGP's did not convert well. What worked far better was to just take 2-3 best pics from one, post them on your blog post with sales text and then link directly to the tour. Still do that. 

    Icon Legend and Forum Rights

  • Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel