Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 20, 2017 12:39 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        52 0

Wow, this is not good...

A Quarter of Millennials Who Live at Home Don’t Work — or Study: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/quarter-millennials-live-home-don-090023271.html

YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!

• April 20, 2017 4:11 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        48 0

Untitled title

Read the full article: 

About a third of 18- to 34-year-olds in the U.S. live at home, the Census Bureau reported on Wednesday. That includes college dormitories. Among 25- to 34-year-olds living at home, one in four is neither enrolled in school nor working. That's 2.2 million people, a small percentage of the nation's more than 70 million millennials but a striking figure nonetheless.

So in the 18-34 year old age range, 1/3 of them are living at home, and 1/4 of them it not working. Out seventy million in that age group, only 2.2 million of them are unemployed. 

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Richard Buss | ICQ: 680123 | Skype: rochardbuss

• April 29, 2017 2:59 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        11 -1

Untitled title

The young have been the worse hit by Globalisation, Migration and Automation. In the future, fewer will employ single people under 25 except for low paid and extremely high skilled. 

Paul Markham Content

Skype paulmarkham1

• May 1, 2017 10:48 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        48 0

Untitled title

For once I agree with Paul. 

• May 2, 2017 8:28 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        52 0

Untitled title

It would so completely suck to be a kid nowadays. Technology has made many of our lives better, yes, but the vast majority of us know a life before any of this shit and are able to cope in both worlds.

Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!

• May 2, 2017 9:12 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        18 0

Untitled title

YNOTJay said:

It would so completely suck to be a kid nowadays. Technology has made many of our lives better, yes, but the vast majority of us know a life before any of this shit and are able to cope in both worlds.

That's your age talking.  When we were young teens our parents would say the same stuff.

Our Experience Payze
      chris at payze.com | Skype chriswrp

• May 2, 2017 9:21 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        52 0

Untitled title

EvilChris said:
      YNOTJay said:

That's your age talking.  When we were young teens our parents would say the same stuff.

I disagree. Big time. They could say whatever they wanted but that didn't make it true. Life as a teen in the 1950s vs the 1980s were MUCH MUCH more similar than live as a teen in the 1980s vs the 2010s.

• May 2, 2017 12:13 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        10 0

Untitled title

I wouldn't want to be a kid these days. All of their baby photos, their prom pics, every embarrassing moment with family and friends is online for everyone to see. Getting a job means filing an online application form, not meeting the manager or even leaving the house. Getting a date means texting a girl, not sucking up the courage to talk to her in real life. I don't even see many kids riding their bikes around town anymore, other than to and from school. If there are kids on bikes, their parents are with them on some "get fit together" family outing. Do these kids ever get to do their own thing, socialize with their own friends, pick their own jobs?

This random bunch of thoughts brought to you by: no caffeine today.

• May 3, 2017 9:49 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        48 0

Untitled title

EvilChris said:
      YNOTJay said:

I agree. Our parent's generation had to fight their parents to listen to "I want to hold your hand". 

Now we fight our kids because we don't want to listen to gangsta rap. 

• May 3, 2017 9:50 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        48 0

Untitled title

Elli_FFN said:

I wouldn't want to be a kid these days. All of their baby photos, their prom pics, every embarrassing moment with family and friends is online for everyone to see. Getting a job means filing an online application form, not meeting the manager or even leaving the house. Getting a date means texting a girl, not sucking up the courage to talk to her in real life. I don't even see many kids riding their bikes around town anymore, other than to and from school. If there are kids on bikes, their parents are with them on some "get fit together" family outing. Do these kids ever get to do their own thing, socialize with their own friends, pick their own jobs?

I could only WISH i had such photos. I have zero photos of anything I did in my youth, nothing at all from high school. I look at my kid and she has thousands of photos online. 

• May 3, 2017 12:38 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        10 0

Untitled title

rochard said:
      Elli_FFN said:

I could only WISH i had such photos. I have zero photos of anything I did in my youth, nothing at all from high school. I look at my kid and she has thousands of photos online. 

I wish I had the photos, too, but imagine if you went to school one day, KNOWING all of your classmates had already seen your embarrassing "my swim shorts fell off at the waterslide" pictures. I don't know if I'd be so eager to go to school for a few months. What if you know some kids had made a private Facebook group and were discussing your weird unibrow or how your sister is dating some guy from college there, but of course you aren't invited to the group? I couldn't imagine dealing with those kinds of pressures in school.

• May 3, 2017 2:02 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        52 0

Untitled title

rochard said:
      EvilChris said:
      YNOTJay said:

I agree. Our parent's generation had to fight their parents to listen to "I want to hold your hand". 

Now we fight our kids because we don't want to listen to gangsta rap. 

That has nothing to do with technology and what is available to kids these days LOL

• May 5, 2017 9:45 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        48 0

Untitled title

Elli_FFN said:
      rochard said:
      Elli_FFN said:

I wish I had the photos, too, but imagine if you went to school one day, KNOWING all of your classmates had already seen your embarrassing "my swim shorts fell off at the waterslide" pictures. I don't know if I'd be so eager to go to school for a few months. What if you know some kids had made a private Facebook group and were discussing your weird unibrow or how your sister is dating some guy from college there, but of course you aren't invited to the group? I couldn't imagine dealing with those kinds of pressures in school.

It's changed. All of the kids already have this. It's not like when we went to school; They don't make fun of each other about such stuff because they all know they have these pictures on line. 

It's just like braces. We used to make fun of kids with braces. Now nearly all of the kids have braces at some point. 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel