(0 rates)
    • July 11, 2017 8:05 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

How to you get affiliates?

Dear Webmasters!

How do you get your affiliates? What do you offer them? 

• July 11, 2017 8:57 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        44 0

Untitled title

You have to market company - and your business. Message boards is a good start, although in your sig you should put information about your company. Joining Facebook groups is a good idea too. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/adult.industry.group/) Then showing up to trade shows and getting to meet people..... 

Keep posting here you will get tons of advice. 

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Richard Buss | ICQ: 680123 | Skype: rochardbuss

• The following users say thanks to rochard for this useful post:
    • July 12, 2017 2:13 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Thanks but I don't have a SIG atm, I have only 1 post, but thank you so much!

• July 12, 2017 9:42 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled title

This industry is like any other, you need to network and knock on doors. Posting on various forums is a good start but you need to start reaching out to people and introducing yourself. Getting a press release written up about your site and send it to all the adult news outlets will help as well.

There is no secret other than hustling and networking. The vast majority of webmasters will be friendly and willing to spare a few minutes of their time to speak with you so don't be shy.

• July 12, 2017 10:44 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        50 0

Untitled title

Yeah nowadays it's mostly about getting your brand seen by as many people as possible, proving yourself, and organically building your contact list one person at a time. If you have hustle and a decent product, you'll get affiliates.

YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!

• The following users say thanks to YNOTJay for this useful post:
    • July 12, 2017 1:45 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        6 0

Untitled title

With lots of mistakes, I think I've learned a few lessons and now Feet4Cash is somehow known in the adult industry (not a big player ofc).

- Improve your affiliates program's website. Give it its own domain and, if possible, brand. Right now it looks pretty basic.

- Try to be active on the main industry message boards

- Show up at events (The European Summit is the first coming to mind, as you are italian just like me). And when you are there, be sure your brand can be seen. Simple things like t-shirts can make a huge difference in getting noticed and remembered. Also it does help bringing some models :-)))

- Every now and then put out there a press release about your company (Jay can help you in this)

Once again...welcome :-)

This post was edited by nyllover at July 12, 2017 3:38 PM PDT

Feet4Cash - The one and only foot fetish affiliate program

• The following users say thanks to nyllover for this useful post:
    • July 12, 2017 2:26 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        44 0

Untitled title

KennyB said:

This industry is like any other, you need to network and knock on doors. Posting on various forums is a good start but you need to start reaching out to people and introducing yourself. Getting a press release written up about your site and send it to all the adult news outlets will help as well.

There is no secret other than hustling and networking. The vast majority of webmasters will be friendly and willing to spare a few minutes of their time to speak with you so don't be shy.

Great posts. 

YNOT does press releases btw. 

• July 12, 2017 3:40 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

nyllover said:

With lots of mistakes, I think I've learned a few lessons and now Feet4Cash is somehow known in the adult industry (not a big player ofc).

- Improve your affiliates program's website. Give it its own domain and, if possible, brand. Right now it looks pretty basic.

- Try to be active on the main industry message boards

- Show up at events (The European Summit is the first coming to mind, as you are italian just like me). And when you are there, be sure your brand can be seen. Simple things like t-shirts can make a huge difference in getting noticed and remembered. Also it does help bringing some models :-)))

- Every now and then put out there a press release about your company (Jay can help you in this)

Once again...welcome :-)

Grazie mille! laughing

• July 12, 2017 4:10 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        14 -8

Untitled title

We have a strong affiliate base just because of two decades on the internet, so a lot of just organic aff traffic.  Message boards like this are a good source of affiliates.  But don't just post your website and hope for responses, private message (ie:cold call) those who you are interested in marketing your business.  Mostly they will be willing to have a look.  Everyone is looking for new business.  That is the quickest and cheapest way to get the party started.  BTW, we shoot a lot of the same girls.  Do you produce content?

• The following users say thanks to hardball for this useful post:
    • July 13, 2017 1:46 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

hardball said:

We have a strong affiliate base just because of two decades on the internet, so a lot of just organic aff traffic.  Message boards like this are a good source of affiliates.  But don't just post your website and hope for responses, private message (ie:cold call) those who you are interested in marketing your business.  Mostly they will be willing to have a look.  Everyone is looking for new business.  That is the quickest and cheapest way to get the party started.  BTW, we shoot a lot of the same girls.  Do you produce content?

Thank you! Yes, we shoot the content, edit it and upload it. Everything homemade like pasta. Ahahaha

• July 13, 2017 1:48 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Thanks to everyone for valuable advice! XD

• July 13, 2017 10:59 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        44 0

Untitled title

But what is the best way to jump start an affilaite program? Back in the day we just went to shows and bought everyone booze and put on parties. It was easier. 

• July 13, 2017 11:29 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        50 0

Untitled title

rochard said:

But what is the best way to jump start an affilaite program? Back in the day we just went to shows and bought everyone booze and put on parties. It was easier. 

Back in the day of course when affiliates and sponsor programs were making $$ hand over fist and it wasn't unheard of to send 100 joins / day.

Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!

• July 13, 2017 1:20 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        6 0

Untitled title

rochard said:

I guess the only way these days is to spend as much as you can in sponsorships (online and offline at events). But i doubt it can be compared to the good old days. Nothing can, actuallly.

• July 13, 2017 1:31 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        14 -8

Untitled title

YNOTJay said:
      rochard said:

Back in the day of course when affiliates and sponsor programs were making $$ hand over fist and it wasn't unheard of to send 100 joins / day.

In hopes to find riches in hunting the whale...

• July 14, 2017 8:06 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled title

Back in the day, during the golden years, when it was easy, blah, blah, blah... There are more people online spending money than ever before, I'm sick of people crying about times being tough. I don't care what industry you're in, if you have a quality product and you bust your ass marketing it, you'll make money. 

You can reach webmasters by posting on boards and contacting people directly to work together. If you do have an advertising budget spend the money on coming to shows and meeting people face to face, you'll get a far better r.o.i. than buying a banner spot or sponsoring drinks at a party.

• July 15, 2017 7:40 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        50 0

Untitled title

KennyB said:

You can reach webmasters by posting on boards and contacting people directly to work together. If you do have an advertising budget spend the money on coming to shows and meeting people face to face, you'll get a far better r.o.i. than buying a banner spot or sponsoring drinks at a party.

Disagree. It's ALL cumulative. You can make everything you list here work for you in varying ways at varying costs. Buying a banner spot for a year in some cases costs less than the price of attending one show for 3 days. It helps build brand awareness and makes it easier to close deals online and in person.

• July 15, 2017 9:14 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        14 -8

Untitled title

YNOTJay said:
      KennyB said:

Disagree. It's ALL cumulative. You can make everything you list here work for you in varying ways at varying costs. Buying a banner spot for a year in some cases costs less than the price of attending one show for 3 days. It helps build brand awareness and makes it easier to close deals online and in person.

It all depends on the size of your business.  I have a very small but relatively low overhead business and shelling out for trade shows is not a worthwhile use of resources.  I have attended three.  Two wound up costing me money.  One, changed the course of my business because I was introduced to the concept of vr.  But mostly, I find, it is just a bunch of people trying to sell me traffic, financial services, mobile platforms, and virtually no real website owners.  Salesmen pitching to newbies and I don't have a product to sell at a trade show.  So I am kinda sort of with Jay on this.

• July 17, 2017 6:51 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled title

hardball said:
      YNOTJay said:
      KennyB said:

It all depends on the size of your business.  I have a very small but relatively low overhead business and shelling out for trade shows is not a worthwhile use of resources.  I have attended three.  Two wound up costing me money.  One, changed the course of my business because I was introduced to the concept of vr.  But mostly, I find, it is just a bunch of people trying to sell me traffic, financial services, mobile platforms, and virtually no real website owners.  Salesmen pitching to newbies and I don't have a product to sell at a trade show.  So I am kinda sort of with Jay on this.

Agreed, you never know what will come out of a show, there have been many over the years that didn't give me a decent return and like you other shows that changed our future. As a newbie going to these shows to meet people face to face is important, seeing how others do their thing and getting to know people over a drink or a meal, building relationships is key.

Boards are great but most people are very different in real life than their board persona;-)

• July 17, 2017 8:13 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        14 -8

Untitled title

KennyB said:
      hardball said:
      YNOTJay said:
      KennyB said:

Agreed, you never know what will come out of a show, there have been many over the years that didn't give me a decent return and like you other shows that changed our future. As a newbie going to these shows to meet people face to face is important, seeing how others do their thing and getting to know people over a drink or a meal, building relationships is key.

Boards are great but most people are very different in real life than their board persona;-)

I agree with you on most of that Kenny, but the problem for someone new to the biz is the pitches can be overwhelming and seductive and not necessarily what they need to launch a business.  Probably getting to know people on boards, understanding what is needed to succeed in this biz before shelling out for a show would probably be more prudent.  IMHO

This post was edited by hardball at July 17, 2017 8:13 AM PDT
    • July 18, 2017 3:45 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        6 0

Untitled title

Well, in any case it's important (very important) to attend shows for at least three or four times, and THEN make your decision base on your own experience. 

Back on topic, i think he should attend some shows (TES comes in mind): your vision of this business will change once you attend one of these shows. At least that's what happened to me.

• July 21, 2017 8:15 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        33 0

Untitled title

AxlPWN said:

Dear Webmasters!

How do you get your affiliates? What do you offer them? 

I would say having FHG both in pics and vids is still very important, though they aren't used quite as much as in the past, but still essential in my opinion.  Most importantly would be to have zip files of content available, and if you can't make embedded video trailora or scenes, at least have the video links in your platform so that affiliates can add them to their player of choice.

Also having a good stats reporting program in place is key, of course banners and promotional text to scenes is good.  Just a couple of things but given that you have a CCBill program in place, I would also consider setting up your own link codes versus the normal stock refer.ccbill ...

The Artist Formally Known As Housekeeper
      Trans-Glam Productions
      photography - design - video production
      Follow me on Twitter - FaceBook

Hawkhost features quality hosting for adult website
      Quality Hosting With Affordable Plans

• July 21, 2017 9:09 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        44 0

Untitled title

YNOTJay said:
      rochard said:

One of my favorite stories goes back to YP Mexico... Our first trip for Lightspeed Cash and we met a young man who promised us he could send us 100 joins a day.... We got back and sure enough, he sent 100 joins a day. For years. 

Sigh. Those were the days. 

• July 21, 2017 9:22 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        50 0

Untitled title

rochard said:
      YNOTJay said:
      rochard said:

One of my favorite stories goes back to YP Mexico... Our first trip for Lightspeed Cash and we met a young man who promised us he could send us 100 joins a day.... We got back and sure enough, he sent 100 joins a day. For years. 

Sigh. Those were the days. 

Do I know this person?

• July 29, 2017 4:18 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Everything is converted in to difficult task now a days. competitors growing like hair. sponsorship and huge budget on advertising is only option..

Otherwise Hire an experienced affiliate/business development manager with great contacts in industry, it will help you sure.

Royalrevenue.com|| Best CPA affiliate network

Contact me for make approval Skype- Kaita.shejwar

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel