Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 11, 2017 11:37 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        50 0

Musical tastes as a kid

Aside from all the stuff you were listening to and exposed to as a kid like all the rest of your peers at the time (let's say 10 and under), was there anything you were listening to that shaped who you are AND was completely different from anything anyone else was listening to at your age?

We are an industry of outcasts and wildly original people... what you listened to is often part of that.  For example, by 7 (mid 1970s) I was pretty well versed in many songs by Simon and Garfunkel and Frank Sinatra. Obviously my parents were a big influence there. I just remember way back in like 2nd grade singing "Young at Heart" and the other kids looking at me like WTF lol...

YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!

• August 11, 2017 2:35 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        44 0

Untitled title

The first real rock and roll I remember listening to as a kid was the album "One For The Road" by the Kinks. My first album was REO Speedwagon's "Hi Infeldity". I so love the bubble gum pop of the 1980s.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Richard Buss | ICQ: 680123 | Skype: rochardbuss

• August 11, 2017 6:44 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        14 -8

Untitled title

I was schooled on Elvis.

• August 14, 2017 6:33 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        7 0

Untitled title

During the 70's my favorite band was Emerson Lake and Palmer followed by Queen and Elton John.

Remember when my father realized I spent my money on an album then immediately told me to bring it down so mom and him could listen to it to see if it was appropriate.  Ya - that was Queen (Jazz) and the first song to blast throughout the home on our stereo cabinet was Fat Bottom Girls.

It took me a great deal of time to attempt to convince them that I saw the title "Jazz" and figured it was a jazz album - still with the song blaring in the background it was one of the most difficult times in my life attempt to hide my laughter.

Robert "TheLegacy" Warren
      Chief Program Director
      DonkeyMale.com

• August 18, 2017 12:43 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        33 0

Untitled title

I'm from Greenwich Village, which is the birthplace of Folk music, among a myriad of other significant cultural events.  My early years reflected the Beat Generation and the post bop musicians of the time, my older brother had a doo-wop group in like '59-61' and so rock and roll and popular music was always in the air.  My mother kept the top 40 radio station (pop music) on around the clock, which is why I know every single popular song from Sinatra and Bing Crosby on up.

But I've got to say, when Mary of Peter, Paul and Mary sang 'Leaving On A Jet Plane' in 1967, that shit really touched me.  And Mary, even though a lesbian in the long run, was a big turn on, look at the old clips of her at the Newport Folk Festival in 1963 singing 'If I Had A Hammer', that platinum quaff and bangs were a hard on for many a young boy.

But overall, a Broadway baby, Sinatra 1944 and all the way up, I am a classic American Songbook junkie and throw in Count Basie Orchestra, balls to the walls, you'll never catch me.

The Artist Formally Known As Housekeeper
      Trans-Glam Productions
      photography - design - video production
      Follow me on Twitter - FaceBook

Hawkhost features quality hosting for adult website
      Quality Hosting With Affordable Plans

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel