Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 6, 2017 3:35 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        5 0

Hurricane Irma

I live in Orlando, Fl. so I'm keeping watch of hurricane Irma. I'm surprised how many around here are panicking, raiding stores of water, packing the gas stations and so on. I guess Harvey made everyone more scared around here. Irma is a very big storm, but we don't know where it will hit yet.

Orlando is center of the state so I don't worry too much. Yes we will get wind and rain if it hits, but nothing like on the coast. In fact many that are evacuating from The Keys and south Florida are coming here. Tomorrow I'm going to a SURF expo and apparel designer convention at the Orlando convention center. They will be open till Friday. 

My apt. building is an old brick one, very solid. I'm on the 2nd floor so no flood worries. I admit I would be worried about flooding on the 1st floor. I think someone here lives in south Florida or the Keys right? Anyways I wish everyone a safe ride if Irma hits here.

• September 6, 2017 4:31 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        44 0

Untitled title

I have family in Florida; They've lost their house (a trailer really) four times in the past twenty years. I just don't understand why they they still live there. If my house got flooded and I lost everything.... I would move far away from that area. 

This is why I love where I live..... No hurricanes, tornados, or earthqakes. And no snow. 

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Richard Buss | ICQ: 680123 | Skype: rochardbuss

• September 6, 2017 4:48 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        5 0

Untitled title

rochard said:

I have family in Florida; They've lost their house (a trailer really) four times in the past twenty years. I just don't understand why they they still live there. If my house got flooded and I lost everything.... I would move far away from that area. 

This is why I love where I live..... No hurricanes, tornados, or earthqakes. And no snow. 

Yeah I would too. But I've lived in the Orlando area for about 20 years now and never had anything bad happen. Had some storms and stuff but nothing ever happened to my stuff. All depends on what part of Florida you live. The central part where Orlando is, is the safest part of the state.  

• September 7, 2017 7:15 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        33 0

Untitled title

SunFunBill said:

Orlando is center of the state so I don't worry too much.

My suggestion is never underestimate the power and mobility of a hurricane and mother nature is a bitch, Irma has every potential to barrel right through the state and beyond. 

Now might be a good time to visit Vermont

The Artist Formally Known As Housekeeper
      Trans-Glam Productions
      photography - design - video production
      Follow me on Twitter - FaceBook

Hawkhost features quality hosting for adult website
      Quality Hosting With Affordable Plans

• September 7, 2017 5:22 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        14 -8

Untitled title

On the left is Andrew on the right is Irma.  Unfuckingbelievable.

• September 8, 2017 9:59 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        44 0

Untitled title

On the news yesterday the mentioned Bonita Springs... Which is where my cousin lives.... Sort of sent a chill down my spine. 

• September 8, 2017 10:34 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        7 0

Untitled title

Life stranger than fiction, or at least a reasonable facsimile.

The better app for better websites for better protection!

• September 8, 2017 11:47 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        33 0

Untitled title

rochard said:

On the news yesterday the mentioned Bonita Springs... Which is where my cousin lives.... Sort of sent a chill down my spine. 

Everybody knows someone in FL, my cousins widow in Dade, and old friend that owns a rib joint, probably a lot of people I'm not even remebering.

This is some heavy shit man!

The Artist Formally Known As Housekeeper
      Trans-Glam Productions
      photography - design - video production
      Follow me on Twitter - FaceBook

Hawkhost features quality hosting for adult website
      Quality Hosting With Affordable Plans

• September 8, 2017 12:15 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        7 0

Untitled title

highprice said:
      rochard said:

Everybody knows someone in FL, my cousins widow in Dade, and old friend that owns a rib joint, probably a lot of people I'm not even remebering.

This is some heavy shit man!

Funny you should say that, I have a cousin in Florida. Never met her (she moved to Florida from Saskatchewan a log, long time ago), but hope she and her family are okay. That said, lots of Canucks (snowbirds) down there.

• September 8, 2017 2:11 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        14 -8

Untitled title

SunFunBill said:
      rochard said:

Yeah I would too. But I've lived in the Orlando area for about 20 years now and never had anything bad happen. Had some storms and stuff but nothing ever happened to my stuff. All depends on what part of Florida you live. The central part where Orlando is, is the safest part of the state.  

You better hunker down, the latest is that it is heading straight for Orlando.

• September 8, 2017 3:18 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        5 0

Untitled title

I thought one or two on here lived in South Florida or the Keys? Guess they are busy getting out. People are going crazy here, packing the grocery stores for last minute shopping. I stopped into an ABC store today, which is a popular liquor store, to get some wine for Kerry, my helper. The place was packed. Guess many drink during the storm!

I've done all I can. I got lots of ice, batteries and flash lights, candles and stuff. Feel pretty secure in my building. My only worry is the roof blowing off. 2nd floor so no flood worries. I'll park my van in an open area away from trees. Still could get hit by flying stuff. I see now the storm is slightly to the west of the middle of the state. Will keep you posted. :)   

• September 10, 2017 10:40 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        5 0

Untitled title

Well right now at 1:40 PM in Orlando it is raining hard but not much wind yet. Glad it has gone over to the West coast. But we will still get plenty of it. If it rains non-stop for the next few days we will have major flood problems for sure. 

• September 10, 2017 11:28 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        7 0

Untitled title

SunFunBill said:

Well right now at 1:40 PM in Orlando it is raining hard but not much wind yet. Glad it has gone over to the West coast. But we will still get plenty of it. If it rains non-stop for the next few days we will have major flood problems for sure. 

Luckily for you it tracked westward. Still moving upwards to your latitude, so winds should pickup significantly in the next few hours in your neck of the woods. Stay safe! And yeah, flooding (especially storm surges) can be as bad if not worse the winds: especially given they can last days to weeks.

• September 11, 2017 9:43 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        5 0

Untitled title

Well I made it through the storm. I must say it really got windy with some very hard gust. I thought the trees around my building would fall over but they did not. Lots and lots of big branches down and trees down not far from me. I actually never lost power, but most around here did and still don't have.

It's still pretty windy out but the worst is over. Not a fun night. Pics below of what I saw this morning. This is around my apt. complex.

• September 11, 2017 11:25 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        44 0

Untitled title

Well, it looks like you are safe. 

We haven't heard from my cousin since yesterday but I assume it's because she has no power.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel