Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 5, 2017 11:54 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        45 0

Working from home

How many of you work from home? I've worked for YNOT now for seven years (my longest job ever) and worked from home for a few years before that; I've been working from home for ten years. There are pros and cons, but for the most part I treat it like an office job - I am always in front of the computer, dressed and showered, at 9am. However, I find I need to entertain myself if only for some background noise. Netflix is a constant, as is Amazon music - I need background noise. 

This afternoon it's beautiful outside - I love California - and I am working from the back yard. 

Anyone else have any ticks and tips about working from home that helps to make you more sane and perhaps more productive? 

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Richard Buss | ICQ: 680123 | Skype: rochardbuss

• October 6, 2017 2:47 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        6 0

Untitled title

rochard said:

I treat it like an office job - I am always in front of the computer, dressed and showered, at 9am. 

That's about it, basically. On the other hand, it's important to remember taking regular breaks. I don't know about you, but when I work from home I find myself working WAY MORE than in the office, resulting in being totally tired at night. I basically forget about taking a break :-)

Other important things, to me, are having a defined space reserved for work at home, and to keep that space tidy and organized. You know that when you sit in that chair, in that room, you are working. This also helps others knowing that they shouldn't disturb you for non-urgent family stuff. 

This post was edited by nyllover at October 6, 2017 2:47 AM PDT

Feet4Cash - The one and only foot fetish affiliate program

• October 6, 2017 10:12 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        51 0

Untitled title

I'm coming up on 17 years working exclusively from home. I'm WAY more productive here than anywhere else when it comes to sitting and focusing.

I kinda do it all wrong when it comes to having tips to those who need to know how to do it best. Please keep in mind I rarely do any of the following things:

1. shower and shave before work and get dressed up

2. take frequent breaks

3. stick to a schedule and leave it all behind after hours

Working from home isn't for everyone... but the biggest issues of it all IMO would be to maintain a work / life / home / family / health balance, and the big one... DISCIPLINE.

YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!

• October 6, 2017 1:27 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        45 0

Untitled title

Yeah, I work after hours too. It is what it is. 

• October 8, 2017 9:59 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        14 -8

Untitled title

I got you all beat.  But seriously Richard, do we have to hear one more time how wonderful life in California is and how perfect your wife is?  We get it dude. When people prattle on about how wonderful their life is and how perfect their marriage is, I just sigh and think that something is really fucked up here.  That is just from years of experience watching this mess over and over and over again.  Most people that have a great life never need to mention it. Tip for working from home?  Sure keep working until you make enough money to make you happy. Simple

• October 9, 2017 9:59 AM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        51 0

Untitled title

hardball said:

Tip for working from home?  Sure keep working until you make enough money to make you happy. Simple

It's not as simple as that for many people just jumping into it for the first time.

And how do you "have us all beat"?

YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!

• October 9, 2017 1:53 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        45 0

Untitled title

hardball said:

I got you all beat.  But seriously Richard, do we have to hear one more time how wonderful life in California is and how perfect your wife is?  We get it dude. When people prattle on about how wonderful their life is and how perfect their marriage is, I just sigh and think that something is really fucked up here.  That is just from years of experience watching this mess over and over and over again.  Most people that have a great life never need to mention it. Tip for working from home?  Sure keep working until you make enough money to make you happy. Simple

My life is magical. 

• October 9, 2017 4:10 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        14 -8

Untitled title

rochard said:
      hardball said:

My life is magical. 

If you have to say it.  It isn't. Its like Donald Trump saying he is one of the richest men in the world.  He isn't.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel