Forums Adult Industry Boards General Business Topics
  • Topic: Question of the Year....Will Oprah run

    Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 8, 2018 8:06 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,950
      • Thank(s)
        362
      • Thanked
        66
      • cR(s)
        16 -8

      Question of the Year....Will Oprah run

      for President?  Could she win?  Personally, I think she could and if this grows, the GOP candidates this year will be shitting in their cornflakes.

    • January 8, 2018 9:18 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        3,294
      • Thank(s)
        325
      • Thanked
        214
      • cR(s)
        54 0

      Untitled title

      She could potentially run... I do believe that. But win? Not a snowballs chance...

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 8, 2018 10:01 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,950
      • Thank(s)
        362
      • Thanked
        66
      • cR(s)
        16 -8

      Untitled title

      she would get a huge women's vote.....a demographic that is feeling very powerful at the moment. And she could get them to turn out in droves. Much bigger than the puny Trump base.

       

      This post was edited by hardball at January 8, 2018 10:02 AM PST
    • January 8, 2018 10:16 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        3,294
      • Thank(s)
        325
      • Thanked
        214
      • cR(s)
        54 0

      Untitled title

      Ehh... there are just too many women out there that would make a point of not voting for her. We thought that Hillary was going to lock down the women's vote but she won the popular vote also largely due to minorities. There are sooo many women out there that still support Trump. Too many people in middle America that have a problem with Oprah for 3 reasons... 1. her race, 2. her gender and 3. her being a "hollywood elite."

       

      I just don't think she'd be winnable but I would hope I'm wrong. Unfortunately due to the rampant hatred for Hillary and Obama in this country for reasons whether real or imagined... I think her chances would be poisoned.

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 8, 2018 10:20 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        3,294
      • Thank(s)
        325
      • Thanked
        214
      • cR(s)
        54 0

      Untitled title

      Case in point: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

       

      "Women supported Clinton over Trump by 54% to 42%. This is about the same as the Democratic advantage among women in 2012 (55% Obama vs. 44% Romney) and 2008 (56% Obama vs. 43% McCain)."

       

      While yes, this is a double digit advantage... over 4 out of 10 women (all races included) voted for a man who clearly has disdain for women and is a self admitted sexual assaulter. Since there can't be a candidate worse than Trump, I would be very surprised if Oprah even received 30% of the women's vote.

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 8, 2018 10:24 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        3,294
      • Thank(s)
        325
      • Thanked
        214
      • cR(s)
        54 0

      Untitled title

      And this: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clinton-couldnt-win-over-white-women/

       

      I know that Oprah is not Hillary... but I think whomever she would run against, she'd lose by a landslide.

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 8, 2018 10:26 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,950
      • Thank(s)
        362
      • Thanked
        66
      • cR(s)
        16 -8

      Untitled title

      Interesting.  From what I have seen...not living in the US....but talking to a lot of people about this very thing.  This hatred for Hillary and Obama...especially Obama is just not the case.  This hatred is noisy, vitriolic and confected. But deep down sensible people know that Obama was a good president and most Americans thought Hillary would have been as well.

      There is a few fatal flaws in the American system of governance.  After all it was created by a few rich guys a couple of hundred years ago.  For instance the electoral college is a knife in the heart of democracy.  It is loosely based on the House of Lords in the UK and the Senate in Canade, which are now toothless.

      The last made up system created by intellectuals which is Communism failed badly as well.  The British Parliamentary system was organically grown over centuries not created by a special interest group of intellectuals.

      Had the electoral college been shit canned and relegated to the dustbin of history years ago, the US would not be in this horrible, destructive mess. Fuck the constitution.  It failed.  The best that can happen is a recovery with a whole lot of ecological and judicial and social damage that will take decades to repair.  All done in less than a year by a psychotic narcissist. 

    • January 8, 2018 10:57 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        3,294
      • Thank(s)
        325
      • Thanked
        214
      • cR(s)
        54 0

      Untitled title

      Wizzo said:

      Why would she want to? I highly doubt she wants the headaches that come with it. 

      Yeah and then there's that...

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 8, 2018 11:00 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        3,294
      • Thank(s)
        325
      • Thanked
        214
      • cR(s)
        54 0

      Untitled title

      hardball said:

      Interesting.  From what I have seen...not living in the US....but talking to a lot of people about this very thing.  This hatred for Hillary and Obama...especially Obama is just not the case.  This hatred is noisy, vitriolic and confected. But deep down sensible people know that Obama was a good president and most Americans thought Hillary would have been as well.

       

      You are not talking to the right people. I'm not saying you are living in a bubble but the reality is, there is so much hatred out there for both of them... and frankly, even though polls saw Hillary winning in nearly every instance, there are plenty of people who are quiet about it. This is why (collusion aside) Trump won... and yes all because of the piece of shit electoral college process.

       

      There are too many people with no sense in the U.S. Hell... Roy Moore NEARLY got it. People think with their emotions, not their brains.

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 8, 2018 9:42 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,950
      • Thank(s)
        362
      • Thanked
        66
      • cR(s)
        16 -8

      Untitled title

    • January 9, 2018 9:13 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        189
      • Thank(s)
        12
      • Thanked
        8
      • cR(s)
        2 0

      Untitled title

      Identity politics is an awful way to run elections. The first time Oprah starts pointing her finger at people shouting "and you get a car, and you get a car"  the DNC will have her clipped in some hotel garage at 3 in the morning. But like Jay, I don't think she would ever get that far down the path. Lots of great speech writers exist in the world, that doesn't make them leader of the free world material. Personally I think it's a little dumb as fuck to think otherwise.

       

      Reality, Hillary still doesn't know why she lost. She has blamed everything from the FBI to Russia to husbands holding guns to their wives heads. She was and still remains toxic. Toxic in her thinking, her words, her demeanor and her sense of right and wrong. She would have made a terrible President and now the world knows it. (even if they won't admit it) LOL You know you are in serious trouble politically when Maxine Waters agrees with you.

       

      Now ya-all Americans put your girl parts away and go grab some pussy while you still can! 

    • January 9, 2018 9:26 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        355
      • Thank(s)
        17
      • Thanked
        33
      • cR(s)
        6 0

      Untitled title

      YNOTJay said:

      the piece of shit electoral college process..

      Yet, without it there's only 5-6 states that would really matter and the other 40+ plus could just fuck off and have no influence. Is it perfect, no but yet to see a better system presented that gives equal representation to such a large diverse country like the US. 

      ____________________________________
    • The following users say thanks to Wizzo for this useful post:
    • January 9, 2018 9:31 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,950
      • Thank(s)
        362
      • Thanked
        66
      • cR(s)
        16 -8

      Untitled title

      massdad said:

      Identity politics is an awful way to run elections. The first time Oprah starts pointing her finger at people shouting "and you get a car, and you get a car"  the DNC will have her clipped in some hotel garage at 3 in the morning. But like Jay, I don't think she would ever get that far down the path. Lots of great speech writers exist in the world, that doesn't make them leader of the free world material. Personally I think it's a little dumb as fuck to think otherwise.

       

      Reality, Hillary still doesn't know why she lost. She has blamed everything from the FBI to Russia to husbands holding guns to their wives heads. She was and still remains toxic. Toxic in her thinking, her words, her demeanor and her sense of right and wrong. She would have made a terrible President and now the world knows it. (even if they won't admit it) LOL You know you are in serious trouble politically when Maxine Waters agrees with you.

       

      Now ya-all Americans put your girl parts away and go grab some pussy while you still can! 

      Welcome back. This board needs a resident alt right extremist.  A few things.  Your boy won on ID politics....it certainly wasn't business or political acumen. So why not Oprah?  She certainly couldn't do a worse job than the current truculent train wreck. 

      IMHO, Trump is far from the leader of the free world. Read Fire and Fury...you just can't make that stuff up. He couldn't lead a daisy chain. I would give that honour to VV Putin.  The ultimate backdoor man.  He doesn't need to bomb or invade, he just pulls the strings.

      What does the world now know about Hillary or are you just blowing smoke and gaslighting?

      This post was edited by hardball at January 9, 2018 10:59 AM PST
    • January 9, 2018 9:34 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,950
      • Thank(s)
        362
      • Thanked
        66
      • cR(s)
        16 -8

      Untitled title

      Wizzo said:
      YNOTJay said:

      the piece of shit electoral college process..

      Yet, without it there's only 5-6 states that would really matter and the other 40+ plus could just fuck off and have no influence. Is it perfect, no but yet to see a better system presented that gives equal representation to such a large diverse country like the US. 

      How, exactly, does that give equal representation?  How about just a federal vote.  You know...one person, one vote.

    • January 9, 2018 11:05 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        189
      • Thank(s)
        12
      • Thanked
        8
      • cR(s)
        2 0

      Untitled title

      hardball said:
      Wizzo said:
      YNOTJay said:

      the piece of shit electoral college process..

      Yet, without it there's only 5-6 states that would really matter and the other 40+ plus could just fuck off and have no influence. Is it perfect, no but yet to see a better system presented that gives equal representation to such a large diverse country like the US. 

      How, exactly, does that give equal representation?  How about just a federal vote.  You know...one person, one vote.

      California, Texas, Florida & New York in that order represent one third of the voters. If just those four states voted heavily for a single candidate the last 20 states on the population list would not have a chance at equal representation. People are not just numbers. They are pockets of America. All should have self determination that is equal. We are not a federal government, we are a republic of individual states forming one nation under god. (blah blah) One man, one vote is the state system and is localized self governance with states rights. Depending on state formations your city or town has elections that are one man one vote or your county has elections that are one man one vote. 

       

      Electoral college is a better system in a 323M population spread out over 3.8M sq miles. Vermont needs to have a system to shelter it from the voters in California. Silicone Valley vs Maple Valley - silicone wins every time if the system was one man one vote.   

    • January 9, 2018 11:14 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        3,294
      • Thank(s)
        325
      • Thanked
        214
      • cR(s)
        54 0

      Untitled title

      Wizzo said:
      YNOTJay said:

      the piece of shit electoral college process..

      Yet, without it there's only 5-6 states that would really matter and the other 40+ plus could just fuck off and have no influence. Is it perfect, no but yet to see a better system presented that gives equal representation to such a large diverse country like the US. 

      I love ya Jimmy, but it's that kind of rampant flawed thinking that has soooo many people not really understanding how skewed the electoral process is. It's a fuckin joke and should have been done away with YEARS ago.

       

      For starters... a LOT more than 5 or 6 states would "matter." They all would if this was done correctly.  The process WAYYY favors rural areas now. It's completely disproportionate.

       

      Case in point, look at this chart of states by population and by electoral vote total:

      https://www.thegreenpapers.com/Census10/HouseAndElectors.phtml

       

      You'll notice that the states with literally no population all other than small towns and rural get 3 electoral votes. These states almost always go red. They literally get 1 electoral vote per few hundred thousand people.  Then look at the states with bigger cities and populations that range 5M to 8M people. These states get approximately one electoral vote per 500K people.

       

      Then look at the dozen or so big states... the higher up you go in population the fewer you go per capita with electoral votes. If the electoral college were even remotely fair, for example, California would have closer to 70 electoral votes, not 55. This would still skew unfairly in favor of rural states but they would still matter. Wyoming gets 3 electoral votes for 568,000 people! All things being equal, this would mean that per capita, California with 37M people should have nearly 200 electoral votes!!!

       

      So... the electoral college is an antiquated skewed unfair piece of shit. Depending on who's in office... once Texas becomes battleground due to shifting demographics, it could quite possibly be game over for the republicans on a national level and then you can bet they'll want to streamline and update the electoral college process.

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 9, 2018 11:36 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        189
      • Thank(s)
        12
      • Thanked
        8
      • cR(s)
        2 0

      Untitled title

      Jay we don't have a national presidential election. We have 52 state elections. That is what we have always had in my lifetime. Large populations do not get a fair shake in the federal government, true. But small population states don't get a fair shake either. 

       

      Members in the US house of representatives. 

      California 53

      Texas 36

      Florida 27

      New York 27

      ........

      Wyoming 1

      Vermont 1

      Alaska 1

      Montana 1

      Is that fair? No.. Vermont gets one vote, Cali gets 53. 

      Senators are 2 from every state no matter the population. Fair? Yes.. one man one vote elects the two. Or are you suggesting that California elects Montana's senate representation too? My point is, all must be represented equally even if it seams unfair. one state one vote. 

       

    • The following users say thanks to Wizzo for this useful post:
    • January 9, 2018 2:39 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,950
      • Thank(s)
        362
      • Thanked
        66
      • cR(s)
        16 -8

      Untitled title

      massdad said:
      hardball said:
      Wizzo said:
      YNOTJay said:

      the piece of shit electoral college process..

      Yet, without it there's only 5-6 states that would really matter and the other 40+ plus could just fuck off and have no influence. Is it perfect, no but yet to see a better system presented that gives equal representation to such a large diverse country like the US. 

      How, exactly, does that give equal representation?  How about just a federal vote.  You know...one person, one vote.

      California, Texas, Florida & New York in that order represent one third of the voters. If just those four states voted heavily for a single candidate the last 20 states on the population list would not have a chance at equal representation. People are not just numbers. They are pockets of America. All should have self determination that is equal. We are not a federal government, we are a republic of individual states forming one nation under god. (blah blah) One man, one vote is the state system and is localized self governance with states rights. Depending on state formations your city or town has elections that are one man one vote or your county has elections that are one man one vote. 

       

      Electoral college is a better system in a 323M population spread out over 3.8M sq miles. Vermont needs to have a system to shelter it from the voters in California. Silicone Valley vs Maple Valley - silicone wins every time if the system was one man one vote.   

      so what you are saying is that you are not all Americans or you would embrace 1 person 1 vote.  In a bicameral system the upper house should take care of regional discrepancies.  I am with Jay.  Too many tails wagging the dog in your country.  You wind up with a sub par president with serious emotional issues.  In a parliamentary system this clown would be long gone.

    • January 9, 2018 2:42 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        1,950
      • Thank(s)
        362
      • Thanked
        66
      • cR(s)
        16 -8

      Untitled title

      Wizzo said:

      LOL

      That doesn't add up.  Donald Trump is a crooked businessman who comes from privilege.  Oprah is self made and built her business dollar by dollar and doesn't have the baggage that Trump does....like say.....Russia.  Oh yeah and she is actually smart....and can read....and had her own book club.

    • January 9, 2018 10:24 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        3,294
      • Thank(s)
        325
      • Thanked
        214
      • cR(s)
        54 0

      Untitled title

      Yeah that meme is retarded. Oprah succeeded against all odds. Trump had everything handed to him and has bankruptcies under his belt. Comparing the two of them is ridiculous. 

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 10, 2018 8:44 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        3,294
      • Thank(s)
        325
      • Thanked
        214
      • cR(s)
        54 0

      Untitled title

      massdad said:

      Jay we don't have a national presidential election. We have 52 state elections. That is what we have always had in my lifetime. Large populations do not get a fair shake in the federal government, true. But small population states don't get a fair shake either. 

       

      Members in the US house of representatives. 

      California 53

      Texas 36

      Florida 27

      New York 27

      ........

      Wyoming 1

      Vermont 1

      Alaska 1

      Montana 1

      Is that fair? No.. Vermont gets one vote, Cali gets 53. 

      Senators are 2 from every state no matter the population. Fair? Yes.. one man one vote elects the two. Or are you suggesting that California elects Montana's senate representation too? My point is, all must be represented equally even if it seams unfair. one state one vote. 

       

      It IS fair on a national level. And no I am not suggesting that on a state level one state votes for another.

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL - THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Contact me to advertise on YNOT.com and have your brand seen by thousands of adult business people daily!
      Skype: LAJConsulting

    • January 10, 2018 9:22 AM PST
      • Post(s)
        2,958
      • Thank(s)
        0
      • Thanked
        158
      • cR(s)
        51 0

      Untitled title

      Could she win against Trump? I'm sure. Anyone could win against Trump. The only reason Trump won was because he was "new" and considered an outsider and Hillary had that investigation going on, and the FBI didn't help her. 

       

      Will she run? I doubt it. 

       

      She shouldn't run. Being President of the United States isn't a job you can just jump into. You need decades of experience before trying this. 

      ____________________________________

      YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
      Richard Buss | ICQ: 680123 | Skype: rochardbuss

    • January 10, 2018 5:23 PM PST
      • Post(s)
        189
      • Thank(s)
        12
      • Thanked
        8
      • cR(s)
        2 0

      Untitled title

      hardball said:
      massdad said:
      hardball said:
      Wizzo said:
      YNOTJay said:

      the piece of shit electoral college process..

      Yet, without it there's only 5-6 states that would really matter and the other 40+ plus could just fuck off and have no influence. Is it perfect, no but yet to see a better system presented that gives equal representation to such a large diverse country like the US. 

      How, exactly, does that give equal representation?  How about just a federal vote.  You know...one person, one vote.

      California, Texas, Florida & New York in that order represent one third of the voters. If just those four states voted heavily for a single candidate the last 20 states on the population list would not have a chance at equal representation. People are not just numbers. They are pockets of America. All should have self determination that is equal. We are not a federal government, we are a republic of individual states forming one nation under god. (blah blah) One man, one vote is the state system and is localized self governance with states rights. Depending on state formations your city or town has elections that are one man one vote or your county has elections that are one man one vote. 

       

      Electoral college is a better system in a 323M population spread out over 3.8M sq miles. Vermont needs to have a system to shelter it from the voters in California. Silicone Valley vs Maple Valley - silicone wins every time if the system was one man one vote.   

      so what you are saying is that you are not all Americans or you would embrace 1 person 1 vote.  In a bicameral system the upper house should take care of regional discrepancies.  I am with Jay.  Too many tails wagging the dog in your country.  You wind up with a sub par president with serious emotional issues.  In a parliamentary system this clown would be long gone.

      yes that is what I am saying! undecided

    Icon Legend and Forum Rights

  • Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel